pkgtools-to-portmanager.rb

Daniel Bye freebsd-questions at slightlystrange.org
Sat Dec 3 08:48:06 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 08:34:45AM -0800, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> I thank you for your effort!  Need to make sure that both formats convert BTW:
>
> both of these should be allowed, right now only the top method works:
>
> 'editors/openoffice*'   =>      'LOCALIZED_LANG=en-US WITH_KDE=1',
> 'emulators/qemu'        =>      [
> 	'WITH_KQEMU=1',
> 	'WITH_SOMETHING=1',
> 	],
>
> -Mike

Yep, the new patch handles both - I use both formats in my pkgtools.conf
file, and the created file is correct.  For example:

MAKE_ARGS = {
      'www/mod_php4*' => [
            'WITH_BZIP2=yes',
            'WITH_CTYPE=yes',
            'WITH_MYSQL=yes',
            'WITH_OVERLOAD=yes',
            'WITH_PCRE=yes',
            'WITH_POSIX=yes',
            'WITH_SESSION=yes',
            'WITH_TOKENIZER=yes',
            'WITH_XML=yes',
            'WITH_ZLIB=yes',
            'WITH_GETTEXT=yes',
            'WITH_ICONV=yes',
            'WITH_IMAP=yes',
            'WITH_MCRYPT=yes',
            'WITH_MHASH=yes',
            'WITH_OPENSSL=yes',
            'WITH_OPENLDAP=yes',
            ],
      'textproc/ispell*' => 'ISPELL_BRITISH=yes',
      'mail/exim*' => [
        'WITH_MYSQL=1',
      ],
      'net/samba*' => [
        'BATCH=yes',
        'WITH_UTMP=yes',
        'WITH_SYSLOG=yes',
        'WITHOUT_CUPS=yes',
        'WITH_RECYCLE=yes',
      ],
      'courier-imap*' => 'WITH_MYSQL=1',
      'mail/courier-authlib*' => 'WITH_MYSQL=1',
  }

converts to:

mail/courier-authlib*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
courier-imap*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
www/mod_php4*|WITH_BZIP2=yes WITH_CTYPE=yes WITH_MYSQL=yes WITH_OVERLOAD=yes WIT
H_PCRE=yes WITH_POSIX=yes WITH_SESSION=yes WITH_TOKENIZER=yes WITH_XML=yes WITH_
ZLIB=yes WITH_GETTEXT=yes WITH_ICONV=yes WITH_IMAP=yes WITH_MCRYPT=yes WITH_MHAS
H=yes WITH_OPENSSL=yes WITH_OPENLDAP=yes |
net/samba*|BATCH=yes WITH_UTMP=yes WITH_SYSLOG=yes WITHOUT_CUPS=yes WITH_RECYCLE
=yes |
mail/exim*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
textproc/ispell*|ISPELL_BRITISH=yes |

I can foresee problems with this default entry in pkgtools.conf:

AFTERINSTALL = {
  '*' => proc { |origin|
           cmd_restart_rc(origin)
  },
}

It converts to this:

START|/* #<Proc:0x000000000055ce70@/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:378>|

And my guess would be that, as the Ruby instance that creates the file
has gone away, the address of the Proc object will be freed.  Dunno what
you want to do about that one.

Cheers,

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3B9D 8BBB EB03 BA83 5DB4 3B88 86FC F03A 90A1 BE8F
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \