mkisofs on 5.4

Jonathan Wallace jonw at whoweb.com
Sat Dec 3 07:59:23 PST 2005

Thanks for responding.

>>Do you see the problem if you only use mkisofs?

Yes.  I just tried it and got the same problem with an iso image using
mkisofs.  This is starting to look like a timezone issue.  The date/time
difference between the date displayed via ISO and the date displayed via
FFS (same file), is five hours which is my timezone from GMT.  I'm on the
US Eastern seaboard.

The date/time is being displayed correctly by date() and by UFS2.  It
appears that cd9660 is having a problem with the time zone.  As another
reference point, when I mount the DVD I created, under MSwin, the dates
are displayed correctly.

>>You don't expect mkisofs to change the date for you, right?

No.  I expect the date/time of the files under UFS2 to be preserved when
they are written to the DVD (or an iso image).  I can confirm now that
mkisofs is not the problem since the dates are accurate under MSwin.

Jon