freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 110, Issue 10

Simon Hewitt simon.hewitt at greenhill-ymca.org
Wed Aug 31 17:26:56 GMT 2005

All I can say is download PureFTPd (www.pureftpd.org) and compile with
the following switch

--with-puredb

(from the main documentation). Install and then follow the directions
for setting up virtual users
(http://www.pureftpd.org/README.Virtual-Users) . Create your users and
start the server with

/usr/local/sbin/pure-ftpd -j -lpuredb:/etc/pureftpd.pdb &

I was doing this EXACT task today. After arguing for hours with the
vsftp server I went for this one. After about 15 minutes its now working
like a dream.

Good luck

Simon