problem with email...

kdonathan at charter.net kdonathan at charter.net
Wed Aug 31 16:40:20 GMT 2005

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your help.  My name is Karen Donathan and I am the Computer Science teacher at George Washington High School in Charleston, WV.  (http://gwhs.kana.k12.wv.us).  We have been running FreeBSD on our webserver for abuot 5 years.

Over the summer, I recently began getting "fake" email messages from mail at gwhs...., admin at gwhs....., security at gwhs....,register at gwhs...., etc. etc. etc.  The subject line is always something like "YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED....", "You have successfully updated your password....", etc.   Each of these contain an attachment, so I know that a virus is trying to get into our server.  I need some suggestions on what to do to make this stop.

Thank you,

Karen Donathan