Perl 5.8.7 port requires libm.so.4

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Wed Aug 31 15:22:41 GMT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 04:52:22AM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:27:07PM -0500, Will Maier wrote:
> > Indulge a newb, then: how did that come about? I'm still figuring
> > out port and packages and how they relate to the different releases.
> > Do you mean that my portsnap'd ports tree is ~= 6.X and my system is
> > ~=5.X? Is that inevitable? Is that a Bad Thing?

> There was a temporary snafu that caused the 5.x packages to be
> replaced by 6.x packages, which is now fixed.  Delete the package and
> retry.

Thanks for the update; I was able to get everything working by
rebuilding the entire ports tree using portupgrade:

    # portupgrade -fvarR

I'm not sure if rebuilding itself did the trick or I got
updated/fixed ports, but I'm quite fine now. Thanks for resolving
the issue.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier at ml1.net |