GbE NICs besides em (recommendation wanted)

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:51:10 GMT 2005

On 8/31/05, Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm quiet disappointed with the em nics and wanted to try some other
> GigaBit NICs (1000baseTX only).
> AFAIK there are re, sk, bge driven cards. Which doesn't saturate a PIII at 800
> at 200mbit/s with interrupt load (like em does)?
> I heard that the re is way better than the not so well rl and although much
> cheaper than em more efficient.
> What about bge? Or sk? Any comments welcome, also if I missed a supported
> family (TX only)

I have a gigabit card managed by re and sk drivers at home IIRC
(PIII at 866, 2xPIII at 1400). I can run some tests for you this weekend if
you wish.

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"