Proliant 5000 sever Fbsd 5.4 (re)boot problem

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Aug 31 06:01:48 GMT 2005

Yeah, what a awful design!  You have to load an entire full-blown
Windows install just to update the microcode in the SCSI raid
controller.  I saw they had done this the last time I setup a
Compaq server and nearly barfed.

You can still firmware update the machines' BIOS with a bootable
floppy but that's it.  To get anything else, helo Windows!

At least you get the satisfaction of scratching it off once you've
done the update.

Ted