Firewall/NAT/Traffic Shapper

Ionut Anghel ionut.anghel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 20:42:54 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a Firewall/NAT/Traffic Shapper server using FreeBSD 5.3
I install all the packages, including kernel sources...everything's ok.
Then I activate ipnat and natd in rc.conf and all the clients behind the
router can access the Internet.
But, if I want to install dummynet (i add options dummynet and ipfirewall in
kernel source) and recompile the kernel, after the reboot, nothing's working
any more! Not even from the server! I can't even ping a NIC.
I have read lots of tutorials, but nothing's helpfull...
Please, tell me the correct steps I should follow in order to do what I want
to do (or give me a good and complete tutorial)
Thanks in advance!

Ionut