Building a New BSD 5.3 Server

Dixit, Viraj Viraj.Dixit at CityofPaloAlto.org
Tue Aug 30 16:07:49 GMT 2005

I have a question regarding the compatibility of BSD 5.3 Unix which I found very stable running the OS for a website. I am purchasing a new server and these are the qualities that the server has. Is BSD 5.3 will be able to work and be compatible with these options.

Enterprise-class uptime and manageability, proven Intel(r) Xeon(tm) performance and 2U density for a variety of rack deployments
All HP ProLiant DL380 G4 models include:
*   Intel(r) Xeon(tm) processor with 800MHz FSB
*   PC2-3200 registered ECC DDR2 SDRAM memory
*   Integrated Smart Array 6i controller
*   Dual port embedded PCI-X Gigabit NIC (NC7782)

Many thanks,
VJ