local port 512 connects in logfiles & ipsec-client-question

albi at scii.nl albi at scii.nl
Tue Aug 30 02:31:06 GMT 2005

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:14:02 -0500
Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:

> > i now wonder whether someone has good (preferably
> > easy & GUI-based) recommendations for ipsec-clients *that work well with
> > ipsec on FreeBSD* for linux-, windows- and apple-machines for my users
> > so that they can easily access their files from homes
> >

> With a site to site IPsec tunnel you don't need VPN clients,
> everything is transparent:
> LAN 1 = 192.168.0/24
> LAN 2 = 192.168.1/24
> WAN = Internet
>
> LAN 1 <--> (m0n0wall, IPsec tunnel) <--> WAN <--> (m0n0wall, IPsec
> tunnel) <--> LAN 2

sorry for not being clear here, the 2 m0n0walls was my first
VPN-attempt that worked,

now i'd like to provide users access to the files on one lan behind a
m0n0wall-machine to their home-computer

they will use linux- windows- or apple-machines at home, i wonder which
software they would use best for that purpose