broken getopt

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Mon Aug 29 22:18:35 GMT 2005

> > Victor referred me to the archives after finding out I have linked
> > Postfix with a broken GNU getopt(), but I have not been able to come up
> > with the solution. My current getopt package is gengetopt-2.11, should I
> > resort to an earlier version and re-compile Postfix?
> >

> Look at the definition of GETOPT in src/util/sys_defs.h, this expects the
> GNU getopt on Linux, and the standard GETOPT on BSD and other systems.
> Problems happen when you link with a GNU getopt on a non GNU libc (i.e.
> Linux) system.
>
> If you really must link Postfix with libraries that slurp-up GNU getopt,
> "fix" the definition of GETOPT() in sys/util/sys_defs.h. Perhaps there
> should be a CCARGS override for this...

I'll have to say I have no idea what these guys are talking about on the
Postfix list, it must be some port I've installed that has linked in a
way they suggest. I have not done anything except install very common
ports on this FreeBSD mail server with no special linking or compile
options, etc. All ran smooth until the latest portupgrade of Postfix and
other related packages - amavisd-new, SpamAssassin, etc. Can someone
here perhaps suggest how I might track down this problem?

Aug 29 11:11:10 esmtp postfix/master[67333]:
warning: /usr/local/libexec/postfix/pipe: bad command startup --
throttling
Aug 29 11:11:51 esmtp postfix/master[67333]:
warning: /usr/local/libexec/postfix/local: bad command startup --
throttling

--
Robert