rsync and moving files [Re: backup w/ snapshots]

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Mon Aug 29 14:18:34 GMT 2005

* Svein Halvor Halvorsen [2005-08-28 23:53 +0200]
>  Does this sound reasonable? Is there any precautions I should take? Are
>  there any other tools better suited for the task at hand?

I'm responding to my own message.

Let's say I happen to move all music from /music/artist - album/ to
/music/artist/album. Even though a local snapshot would handle this well,
rsync would create new files on the remote machine, and when I then take a
snapshot there, it will be HUGE!

Can I resolve this?