Your HTML Email was refused by our server

html html at grc.com
Mon Aug 29 07:26:28 GMT 2005

Your HTML Email was refused by our server

Hello,

Your recent eMail to GRC.COM was not delivered because it contains
"HTML" formatting.  HTML stands for "Hyper Text Markup Language".
It is the language used by web pages on the World Wide Web (WWW).

Since nearly all unsolicited commercial eMail (UCE or SPAM) uses
HTML formatting to create those eye-catching large and colored
fonts and embedded graphics, but since HTML is completely unneeded
and, in fact, interferes with efficient communication, we return
this notice about such eMail to its sender so that the HTML can be
removed. This is usually as simple as asking your eMail client to
"remove formatting." See the links below for additional information.

The eMail we received had the subject of: Mail Delivery (failure steve at grc.com)

It was addressed to: steve at grc.com

In exchange for the slight inconvenience to a few users (who
really should turn off HTML formatting in their own eMail clients)
we receive SIGNIFICANTLY LESS SPAM to receive and filter.

We apologize for the inconvenience of this bounce notice, and
we hope that you will resend the note you recently sent us after
removing its HTML formatting. You might consider turning off your
eMail client's formatting altogether. The "Plain Text" option is
what you want. These links provide help in removing HTML formatting
from your eMail and have additional background about HTML in eMail:

http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil_still.shtml

Thanks for your understanding, and for helping us to deal with
the Internet's serious and growing SPAM problem.

Regards,

GRC Automated Security.