sed problem

freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au
Mon Aug 29 04:53:16 GMT 2005

Hi,

> So I guess I need some advice here what to do next. I would not like to
> make a full reinstall (otherwise I would have done that already long tme

I'd suggest investigating the option of performing a binary upgrade to a
supported 4.x release - this would likely present no more risk to your
running system than an installworld and would almost certainly solve your
problem. You should then be able to remake any ports or other applications
affected by the upgrade, and cvsup/remake your world when necessary.

-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst                    | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au