Fwd: make installworld error from 4.11-STABLE to 5.4-RELEASE

Nicholas Lozinsky nick.lozinsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:08:35 GMT 2005

I am receiving the following error on make installworld after a CVSup
from 4.11-STABLE to 5.4-RELEASE on a Compaq M2105US notebook:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libmd.so.2" not found

I get around this by copying libmd.so.2 from /lib to /usr/lib and once
then, make installworld gets past this bump, and into this one:

install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   ftp-proxy /usr/libexec
install: ftp-proxy: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /usr/src/libexec/ftp-proxy.
*** Error code 1

By looking around through the tree, I see that there are ftp-proxy
directories around, but by simply copying the contents of those dirs
into /usr/libexec/ftp-proxy does not do the trick.

I am in single-user mode at this time. mergemaster -p was already run,
unless I've merged or altered something incorrectly.

Standing by.

Thank you in advance...

#! nick lozinsky