A quick question about X11 and securelevels

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 08:59:37 GMT 2005

On 8/28/05, Tom Norris <tom at trancegeek.net> wrote:
> I understand the things like not allowing the system clock to change and
> not allowing formatting of filesystems, but I want to know why you can't
> run x11 when you have a securelevel greater than or equal to one.  there
> is no _serious_ reason I wish to know, I'm just curious and google keeps
> feeding me tutorials on making my FreeBSD machine furiously hard to
> crack.  :)

Not an exact answer to your question, but securelevel does not
prohibit you from runnung X if it is set after X started (from one of
.x... files in your home directory instead of rc.conf perhaps?)

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"