cpio and tar are loosing flags (and a panic message without trace)

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Aug 27 03:16:15 GMT 2005

:Hello,
:
:hmm, once again me. And again with a probably not so common problem.
:I need to replicate files, exactly like they are!
:I thought cpio was the deal, but no way, I tried several -H formats but=20
:that hasn't changed anything. As soon as a file gets restored the flag=20
:...

    Try cpdup (from ports).  It should replicate everything except
    extattr's (only because I don't think anyone's added that feature to
    cpdup since it was put into FreeBSD).  It will replicate the chflags.

						-Matt