Problem with Epia 800 and Freebsd 5.3

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Fri Aug 26 18:00:28 GMT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 04:47:21PM +0200, Andreas Rudisch wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 10:41 -0400, Lord Raiden wrote:
> > Just installed 5.3 onto an Epia 800 just a few weeks back and aside from
> > the controlers being bloody picky as hell (got that fixed by using special
> > cables), the stupid lan card is now giving me fits just a day after I put
> > it into active service.  Here's the error I'm getting in my logs repeatedly.
> >
> >  > vr0: rx packet lost
> >  > vr0: watchdog timeout
>
> What about installing 5.4-Release or -Stable? 5.4-Stable works fine here
> on an EPIA PD10000. If you still get the error, it might be hardware
> related.

I'm seeing this all the time on my EPIA 5000 boards with RELENG_5.
It's nothing really serious, unless you're using NFS (like in many
diskless setups). If you get long NFS delays because of this, try
mounting using TCP. It should solve the problem.

If OTOH you don't notice any problems, you can ignore this message.
TCP would send or request the dropped packets fast enough in most
cases...

> Andreas

-cpghost.

--