make own freebsd distro

Paul T. Root ptroot at iaces.com
Thu Aug 25 15:55:00 GMT 2005

Way back in the, I'd have to guess, 2.2.8 days. I made
my own distro on CD, for my multiple desktops. It was
a boot floppy (I think I had the CD boot) and a script
to partition, newfs, etc. the disk, and then do a restore
from the dumps I made of the template machine.

Then the script went through setting the hostname, and such,
in the file that was replaced by rc.conf. /etc/sysconfig maybe?
It was a long time ago.

It wasn't particularly fast, but it worked.