oversized httpd process?

Lei Sun lei.sun at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:10:08 GMT 2005

Now that I think about it, I did install the eaccelerator for php, and
configured it to take 128Mb for eaccelerator.shm_size. It also appears
that when I reboot the machine A without pointing my browser to it
once, the httpd processes are quite small. BUT...

Even with the 2 php application that I installed (phpmyadmin,
mediawiki), I don't think there should be that much caching going on.
Since if I add the total size of the 2 application together, they
won't even hit 20MB. In other words, my understanding would be: even
if eaccelerator wants to cache them all, eaccelerator wouldn't be able
to find that much stuff to cache, and it would always be less than
20MB.

Am I expecting the right thing?