cvsup multiple RELENGs?

Joel Hatton freebsd-questions at auscert.org.au
Wed Aug 24 13:15:15 GMT 2005

Hi,

Situation - I have a machine that I use to build the base system for
others. I'd like to be able to have multiple copies of /usr/src for
different releases - in particular, RELENG_5_3 and RELENG_5_4. Rather than
just changing my RELENG in the supfile and blowing away the tree each time
I thought I could maintain multiple source trees.  One trivial way that
came to mind would be to copy /usr/src to /usr/RELENG_5_3 and
/usr/RELENG_5_4 and replace /usr/src with a symlink that points to the one
I'm using at the time - I don't know if this makes perfect sense, it's
just an idea :)

Or should I be doing this properly and checking out a complete CVS tree?

thanks,
-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst                    | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   auscert at auscert.org.au