Routing problem?

Patrick Lindholm fin7pl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 11:22:50 GMT 2005

Ok, here´s the deal

I have my Freebsd 4.10 gateway/nat/firewall on my network.

On my LAN i have couple WIN machines and a Linux Redhat machine  working ok
to outside and other machine´s with IP 192.168.255.252   eth0

I have one software running on Redhat Machine that uses SLIP and i have
configured sl0  with 192.168.255.252 P-t-P 192.168.0.6

The 192.168.0.6 is the IP of that Software

Ok  with these configurations i can connect from my Linuxbox locally to the
software with 192.168.0.6

But the 192.168.0.6 Does´nt appear to be available for other computers on
my LAN

So i checked out some manuals and used command: ARP -Ds 192.168.0.6 sl0
pub  and 92.168.0.6 came visible to other computers on my LAN.

So now i thought that all i have to do is to put on my BSDBOX
natd.conf    to redirect  all requests from 23 and 81 to
192.168.0.6  right? and allow of course ports from Firewall  (My software
with the SLIP has entrance via HTTP and TELNET)

Well nobody can´t still connect to my Linux software from outside?    From
my LAN it´works ok.

I tried also  adding  allow ip from any to 192.168.0.6 via ep0   and that
worked for a while (now anybody from outside can connect to  my
software)   It works only for couple hours and the no response?   I´cant
understand how the allow ip from any to 192.168.0.6 can help.

Well if anyone has understood what i´m trying to do here and wants to send
couple hints i would be glad.  :-)

Thanks for your reply.