Intel related question ...

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Tue Aug 23 20:18:29 GMT 2005

On Aug 23, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> Does AMD make boards (and chipsets)?

Not boards, but they do make chipsets

> I switched to Intel made boards
> after a bad run of soyo, FIC, and gigabyte PII boards... I'd like to
> look at AMD's 64-bit offerings but am *very* hesitant.....

I run mostly Tyan AMD boards including Dual and single CPU Opteron
boards.  They have worked very well.  I have also used Tyan and
Gigabyte Dual Athlon with AMD chipsets and they have been great.
24/7/365xmultiple years of operation on the Athlon MP and 1.3 years
on a dual Opteron.  The single CPU opterons are not that old...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider