FAILURE - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE status=41

Jimmy Bäckström jimmy.backstrom at crystone.se
Tue Aug 23 07:59:05 GMT 2005

Hi list!
I've googled and searched the mailing list archives for this but
couldn't find anything useful.
I just installed freebsd 5.4 on a dell PE 2850 with RAID5 (PERC). The
installation goes fine and as far as I can tell it runs ok, haven't
really done anything with yet though so I can be wrong, but when booting
I get two messages that concerns me:

ata2-master: FAILURE - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE
status=41<READY,ERROR> error=4<ABORTED>
ata2-slave: FAILURE - SETFEATURES SET TRANSFER MODE
status=41<READY,ERROR> error=4<ABORTED>

and

Interrupt storm detected on "irq18: uhci2"; throttling interrupt source

When it comes to the ata2-master/slave errors I understand that they
happen for quite a few people running later versions of freebsd? I
haven't found anything on the net that points directly at my hardware
specifics, it seems to happen to a lot of different drives. I'm using 4
seagate harddrives by the way.

If this problem has been adressed on the list before, I apologise, I
couldn't find anything about it. I appreciate any pointers and if
someone wants me to post dmesg just ask.

--
Vänligen/regards
Jimmy Bäckström