OT: Supermicro IPMI 2.0 boards

dpk dpk at dpk.net
Mon Aug 22 22:05:49 GMT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Danial Thom wrote:

> A more important question is: why did you "order
> a whole bunch of servers" without testing one
> first? A curious approach to computing.
>
> DT

We weren't made aware that the newer servers were coming with a later rev
board, and a customer came along asking for 30 some servers to be ordered
"yesterday". The servers themselves work OK otherwise, for the most part.

FWIW, this particular IPMI problem would not have appeared at all if we
only ordered one server, since multiple servers are trying to grab the
same IP/using the same MAC.