Mozilla/Firefox weirdness

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Mon Aug 22 18:38:29 GMT 2005

jason wrote:
> O. Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>> Since I upgrade my box from FreeBSD-5.4 to 6.0 it seems that I run
>> into some really strange Firefox/Mozilla behaviour. The phenomenon is
>> described really quickly: I can not save some configurations, like
>> using which type of SSL/TSL, block popups etc. I can mark the boxes,
>> but whenever I call the same config window, all checkboxes are set to
>> a initial value not choosen by me. The browser also does not save any
>> configs.
>>
>> I completely recompiled everything, I deinstalled both Mozilla and
>> Firefox, but it is always the same behaviour. Can someone help or
>> report about similar or the same problem?
>>
>> One idea is that this has to do with some access rights of the user's
>> profile directory.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Oliver
>>
> I had the same issues on a freash 5.4 install. I had to remove all
> CFLAGS besides -pipe and -O2, then it ran like a champ.  -f options have
> always killed firefox for me.

All right, here we go ...
I moved ~/.mozilla as suggested and let firefox install a new directory.
But that did not change anything nor it had a positive effect.

And, indeed, I 'utilize' -ffast-amth and -funroll-loops in make.conf. I
will remove them on the i386 machine and see, whether this succeeds.

On another box, amd64 arch, the same phenomenon occured the same time I
changed from 5.4 to 6.0. I'll report if the 'not allowed' compiler
option caused this misbehaviour.

Oliver