Important question cant figure it out...

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Mon Aug 22 15:01:04 GMT 2005

On 08/22/05 03:43 PM, Mario Hoerich sat at the `puter and typed:
> # Louis LeBlanc:
>
> [ libm.so.3 not available on 6.0 ]
> > It might be that FreeBSD 6.0, or just the installation you have
> > doesn't have that particular file present.  Check on the
> > freebsd-current mailing list to see if this is normal.
>
> It is normal, just a version bump from libm.so.3 to libm.so.4.
>

> > You might have to update your source and rebuild world.  You will want
> > to check before doing anything, because it could be that this lib is
> > simply part of a compatibility package.
>
> In this particular case, adding
>
>     libm.so.3       libm.so.4
>
> to /etc/libmap.conf should suffice.  The math library is expected
> to conform to the ISO-C standard, so this mapping most likely won't
> create any fallout.  In fact, I'm using it right now and I've used
> a similiar line for the libm.so.2->libm.so.3 transition in the past.
> I'm not aware of any trouble this caused.

Then I wasn't too far off.  I don't doubt the suggestion above will
work just fine, however, if a compat-5.x package were to be made
available in the 6.x branch, it would still be better to use that just
in case.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

The nation that controls magnetism controls the universe.
    -- Chester Gould/Dick Tracy