Mozilla/Firefox weirdness

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Mon Aug 22 14:37:15 GMT 2005

Hello.
Since I upgrade my box from FreeBSD-5.4 to 6.0 it seems that I run into
some really strange Firefox/Mozilla behaviour. The phenomenon is
described really quickly: I can not save some configurations, like using
which type of SSL/TSL, block popups etc. I can mark the boxes, but
whenever I call the same config window, all checkboxes are set to a
initial value not choosen by me. The browser also does not save any configs.

I completely recompiled everything, I deinstalled both Mozilla and
Firefox, but it is always the same behaviour. Can someone help or report
about similar or the same problem?

One idea is that this has to do with some access rights of the user's
profile directory.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver