Few simple questions..

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sun Aug 21 20:09:50 GMT 2005

On 2005-08-21 01:50, Eric Murphy <eam404 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> QUESTION:::3
>
> I recently installed something called feedparaser its a news feed
> parser that works with some desklets.  I installed it by issueing this
> command: python setup.py install...  How can I remove these packages?
> Ive checked all over online and in the --help theres a bunch of
> install commands but no deinstall commands?

Welcome to the world of stupid Python-based installers.  I still don't
know why people use "setup.py" to distribute Python stuff, but that's
probably just me getting old and grumpy I guess.

I'd recommend using the Ports the next time :-)

The feedparser you installed manually seems to be available as
textproc/py-feedparser in the Ports collection.

% giorgos at gothmog:/home/giorgos$ ls -ld /usr/ports/*/*feed*
% drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  - 512 Aug 14 03:24 /usr/ports/mail/smtpfeed
% drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  - 512 Aug 14 03:28 /usr/ports/news/cleanfeed
% drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  - 512 Apr  9 20:20 /usr/ports/textproc/py-feedparser
% drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  - 512 May 29 03:45 /usr/ports/www/feedonfeeds
% giorgos at gothmog:/home/giorgos$