Few simple questions..

Eric Murphy eam404 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 06:50:01 GMT 2005

QUESTION:::: 1

Hey guys I use gnuls for colorizing my outputs such as ls..ect.. its really just an alias.

When i added the alias to my /etc/profile I noticed that under X my terminals were not colorized but if i were to LOGIN to another TTY without X, it would be colorized. Now i know that /etc/profile is only read if your logging in with bash... so what i did was create a .bashrc with my alias in my home directory and it worked fine within X. My question is this.... for users that login with gdm/kdm ect...and start X how can i set colorized outputs for them without creating a .bashrc file in each home directory. Is there a global bashrc file that can be read for people that dont login?

ugh i know this sounds confuseing but i dont know any other way to explain it?

maybe this can explain it...

When an interactive shell that is not a login shell is started, bash
reads and executes commands from ~/.bashrc, if that file exists. This
may be inhibited by using the --norc option. The --rcfile file option
will force bash to read and execute commands from file instead of
~/.bashrc.

So if it doesnt read /etc how can I set global colors (for all users) for a interactive shell that isnt a login shell? Without creating ~/.bashrc's in each home directory.

QUESTION:::2

Im useing the emu10k1 driver and have sound comming out of all my speakers (includeing the sub) is there a way to adjust each channel? Maybe some sort of advanced mixer??

QUESTION:::3

I recently installed something called feedparaser its a news feed parser that works with some desklets.  I installed it by issueing this command:  python setup.py install...   How can I remove these packages? Ive checked all over online and in the --help theres a bunch of install commands but no deinstall commands?