User admin question..

Eric Murphy eam404 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 21 00:51:28 GMT 2005

Hey guys I orgionally created my account with a username called greed.

as root I ran chpass and changed my username from a lowercase g to an uppcase G  so its not Greed.

I rebooted and loged in and my prompt still shows me as a lowercase g.

logging in with both a lower case g and uppercaser g works -- and this bugs me

I checked my /etc/password file and it shows both greed's upper and lower case with all the same info..UID's..shell..ect..

How can I change this i can only use the uppercase Greed and how can I get it to show this in my prompt..along with not allowing me to log in with a lower case g..

Thakns