What's the best way to set up an ASCII and HTML maillist list?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Aug 20 20:08:27 GMT 2005

	People,

	Can any one on-list clue me in on what kind of file(s)
	to create that will let me mail one file a day (or week)
	in both ASCII and HTML to people who subscribe to my
	list from my website.

	I can certainly cobble together the cgi/perl or php
	code that gets a person's email; I might as well use
	majordomo or mailman, for the list management.  But
	what then?

	Specifically, I want to mail out a brief, neatly formatted
	file that might be (in html).  E.g:

	<CENTER> Existence precedes essense
	<P ALIGN="right"> -- J-P. Sartre
	</CENTER>

	I would like to include a small graphic at the bottom of
	my html file.  Maybe this is overkill.  At any rate, the
	file would have to be readable by non-GUI mail programs
	as well.  (Like mutt/elm/Mail).

	I created test files and read them with evolution and
	mutt.  nO luck.  The tests were fully html-complient,
	but showed up in raw/source mode...  so it's time to
	ask the experts.

	[[ I did google around but didn't find anything that
	   looked like what I want.  So any help will be greatly
	   appreciated!
	]]

	thanks for help or pointers to help, &c.,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix