help with pppoed
vladone at spaingsm.com
Fri Aug 19 18:07:17 GMT 2005
I want to setup an freebsd server that support authentication via pppoe
conexion. I make this steps:
1.I have compiled kernel with needed options
2. i modify rc.conf to include this:
pppoed_flags="-d -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l "default" "
3. pppoed daemon start without any problem
#ps aux|grep pppoed
usr/libexec/pppoed -d -P /var/run/pppoed.pid -l default fxp0
fxp0 is private interface with ip address 192.168.101.1
4. i configure /etc/ppp.conf with this options:
set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
allow mode direct
set mru 1472
set mtu 1472
set ifaddr 192.168.101.1 192.168.101.10-240
5. i have configured /etc/ppp.secret with some test user and pass.
6. i make an pppoe connection on my windows box with wizard
When i try to connect on my server, after few second i receive this
error on windows:
"the remote computer did not respond"
I dont have experience with this. In ppp.log i dont see anything.
How i cand debug this to work!
P.S. in /dev i dont see any device tun or ppp
More information about the freebsd-questions