5.4 or 6 ?

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Fri Aug 19 08:16:37 GMT 2005

The reason I am asking this question that I beleive 6.0 seems to be more
stable than 5.4. But sure I know the most stable one is 4.11. But I want a
comment from those who has a deeper knowledge about the differences about
stabilty of 5.4 and forthcoming 6.0-RELEASE

Dev FreeBSD writes:

> On 8/19/05, Omer Faruk Sen <ofsen at enderunix.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I will be installing a server that will be online for production environment
>> in 1 month. I want your suggestions if I should use 5.4 or 6 ?
>>
>> I am thinking to install 6.0-Beta2 and upgrade to 6.0-RELEASE when it comes
>> out. But I wanted to take your precious opinions.
>>
>>  -----------------------
>> Omer Faruk Sen
>
> Hi
>
> Suggest you go with the stable 5.4 RELEASE for your production server
> environment.
>
> Please take a look at
> http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/announce.html
>

> --
> thanks
> Dev.

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG
Software Development Team @ Turkey
http://www.Faruk.NET
For Public key: http://www.enderunix.org/ofsen/ofsen.asc

First Turkish Qmail book is out! Go check it.
Duydunuz mu! Turkiye'nin ilk Qmail kitabi cikti.
http://www.acikakademi.com/catalog/qmail/