Games + pciE

Eric Murphy eam404 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 05:24:36 GMT 2005

Hey all! quick question for ya....

I recently installed Enemy Territory to play a mod called ETF (www.etfgame.com)  I got the game working with no problems by installing a few linux packages..

linux_base-8-8.0_6  Base set of packages needed in Linux mode (only for i386)
linux_dri-4.3.0_3   Binary Linux DRI libraries for 3D hardware acceleration of
linux-XFree86-libs-4.3.99.902_3 XFree86 libraries, Linux binary

However upon installing the nvidia drivers I have the option of useing the FreeBSD agp driver or the nvidia one.  ive treyd to use both.  The game runs alittle slow and sluggish so i figured it didnt have hardware acceleration.  So i need to enable AGP.  but then it dawned on me..im not running an agp card.. im running PCIe  (PCI Express, Asus Geforce 6600GT)

So my question is do i need to load some sort of PCIe driver? How can i get the game to run smoothly and not sluggish?

Any suggestions are welcome!