Postfix Help

Devin Miller dmiller at techskills.com
Thu Aug 18 19:16:12 GMT 2005

Greetings Everyone,

I have recently been experimenting with FreeBSD 5.4 RELEASE to setup an
email server following the directions listed here:
http://postfixwiki.org/index.php?title=Virtual_Users_and_Domains_with_Courie
r-IMAP_and_MySQL

I am pretty comportable with FreeBSD and my problem appears to be with
version conflicts.  I installed MySQL version 5.0.9_1.

During the make process for Postfix 2.1 a different version of the MySQL
client tried to install.  It throws an error telling me that they are
incompatible and the port installation process for Postfix starts there.

Is there any way around this or do I have to uninstall the current version
of MySQL and use the one that Postfix wants?  It just seems like MySQL 3.2
is much older than the 5.x that I am used to.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Devin Miller

  _____

Virus Database (VPS): 0533-3, 08/17/2005
Tested on: 8/18/2005 3:16:06 PM