wireless DHCP + wep

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Thu Aug 18 17:53:44 GMT 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:38:51 -0300
Pablo Allietti <pablo at lacnic.net> wrote:

> Hi all  i have a question.
>
> i configure a Intel 2200 wireless card and the system detect ok and
> load in the start time.
>
> so. now i need to add wep Key and DHCP.
>
> is that possible to do in automatically.
>
> because rigth now i cant do dhcp and need to do a ifconfig blablabla
> wepkey xxxxxx wepmode 0 any time when i restart my laptop.
>
> thanks.

You can configure your interface using /stand/sysinstall by
selecting "Index", then "Network Interfaces".  There's a place in the
module to put additional ifconfig arguments.  The
appropriate configuration entries will be added to /etc/rc.conf.

If that doesn't work, you can a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  If you
use a firewall, you may have to reload the firewall rules after the
interface is configured; but you can have the script do this as well.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould