i can't connect remote to my mysql server

Nelis Lamprecht nlamprecht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:15:28 GMT 2005

On 8/18/05, vladone <vladone at spaingsm.com> wrote:
> I have instaled mysql server succcesfull and started. I set root
> password, i can login to my server from console but i can't login
> remote (i use Mysql Control Center for win, for quickly management).
> I receive this error: "host 192.168.100.4 is not allowed to connect to
> this Mysql server"
> I dont know why, server is up and running.

> Another question is about config files. I dont know where is config
> file for mysql on freebsd. In linux exist mysql.cnf but here ... i
> dont see anything.

Sample config files can be found in /usr/local/share/mysql. MySQL will
run fine with it's default settings but depending on your requirements
you may need to change them. You can copy one of the suitable sample
files to /var/db/mysql/my.cnf and change it according to your
requirements. You might also want to look at the phpMyAdmin port
/usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin for a web gui front-end to MySQL where
you can add users and assign permissions with a click of a button.
Otherwise you'll have to do it manually as a previous post mentioned.

Cheers,
Nelis