FreeBSD on current crop of laptops?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Aug 18 12:30:58 GMT 2005

On 2005-08-17 22:11, Tom Vilot <tom at vilot.com> wrote:
> I'm itching for a new laptop.
>
> I like the (big-ass) Toshiba Satellite machines, but I'm not wedded to
> them. I am curious what people's experiences are with some of the newer
> laptops and what might be recommended.
>
> Also -- I am interested (possibly) in an AMD 64 laptop, if BSD is
> working well on one...

I'm typing this on an Acer Ferrari 3400.  FreeBSD installs in a breeze,
after rebuilding a kernel with "cpufreq" I can run powerd to reduce
power consumption as much as possible, and the only two parts that I
haven't had a change to configure yet (during the last 2-3 days) are:

	- Wireless networking
	- Internal modem (this will probably never work)