Help with xorg.conf

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 16 05:23:51 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:39:37PM +1200, kaygarme at slingshot.co.nz wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm a FreeBSD newbie and have been lovin' the whole experience.  I've recently
> got  fluxbox working as my WM, which was an experience, and just got firefox
> working too.  My problem is that I can't get X to use my whole screen and it is
> stuck on some crappy resolution, 800x600 I think.  I've followed all of the
> documentation to include all of the lines about:
>
> DefaultDisplay 24
>
> Modes "1024x768"
>
> etc ...
>
> However none of them have an effect!  Please help!

It should be something like:

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                   Depth        24
                   Modes        "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                   Depth        16
                   Modes        "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

You should change the Device and Monitor names to match the ones you're
using for them.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.