RELEASE 4

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 03:25:56 GMT 2005

Ted Thomas wrote:
[ ... ]
> I spent about 30 minutes on the site searching for matches to various
> parts of the error message, read numerous FAQ's, and generally browsed
> the installation guides to try and solve this before writing an e-mail.
> If you or Kris could send me an example of where to search and what to
> search for to find this, it would be helpful. I was using the search
> engine at www.freebsd.org, so I assume that was not the right one.

Well, let's make sure the search thingy for this thread actually includes a
backreference.  :-)  Go to freebsd.org, click on "Search mailing lists" or
anything else which takes you to the main search page:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=patch+failed&max=25&sort=score&index=recent&source=freebsd-questions

Google also works:

http://www.google.com/ie?q=FreeBSD+patch+failed

--