Counter-Strike, Wine and FreeBSD

Aaron Gibson agibson at confabulator.net
Mon Aug 15 20:45:43 GMT 2005

quick question, I'm guessing you used wine in ports? I never seemed to
be able to get the fonts to work properly with Counter-Strike 1.5. Can
you post your wine config file?

The alternative was/is cedega, but I felt more inclined to boot windows
than pay even more money to get a game to work (my .02)

Props to ID and epic for supporting alternative platforms. UT* and
Quake/Doom series work very well as I understand it (I played UT2004 and
QuakeIII on FreeBSD with great success)

--Aaron