increasing size of a partition

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:39:13 GMT 2005

On 8/15/05, dave <dmehler26 at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've got a 5.4-release box that is in need of some partition maintence.
> It's using raid1 procedure1 from Mr. Ralf S. Engelschall's site:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/
> I haven't been able to get procedure2 to boot, i keep getting an error on
> boot that the kernel is not found. This is worrysome because the two drives
> are not identical in size, they're close, and usually unless the partitions
> are filling up i don't worry about it. Lately /var has been filling up, when
> this box was installed space requirements were not estimated to be like they
> are now. I've got a single slice covering the entire drive and four
> partitions, /, /usr, /var, and /home which is last on the drive because it
> takes up the most space. Now i need to increase the size of /var probably
> taking space away from /home, does anyone have a procedure for doing this
> keeping in mind that geom mirror raid1 is going on?

Not exactly an answer to your question, but you can probably just
create symlinks for big subdirectories in /var in, for example, /home.

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"