Help with Fluxbox

Campbells kaygarme at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Aug 15 05:14:10 GMT 2005

Hello,

I just installed Fluxbox from the ports collection (latest version).  I subsequently added this line at the end of my xinitrc file:

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/fluxbox

Now when I run startx nothing has changed!  It isn't running fluxbox as its windowmanager!  So I type startfluxbox and it doesn't start, presumably becuase a windowmanager is already running (the standard Xorg manager).

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gareth