Failed installation of FreeBSD 5.4

Milscvaer millueradfa at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 02:23:13 GMT 2005

After trying unsuccessfully to boot FreeBSD 5.4
installed onto an existing filesystem that held 4.6,
but after the installation completing not being able
to get past the F1 FreeBSD prompt, I decided to wipe
out the filesystem and start with a new filesystem,
thinking this might be the problem! But after doing
that and installing it, it still wont boot!!! It just
sits there at the F1 FreeBSD prompt and makes a
beeping noise!

This sucks big time. There must be something wrong
with FreeBSD here, 4.6 **ran fine** on this computer,
and how 5.4 wont run at all!!! I tend to suspect
FreeBSD 5.x has introduced a lot of new bugs and
incompatabilities.