Question

Tim Holmes tim at unixtechs.org
Mon Aug 15 01:17:23 GMT 2005

| When I get my new computer and I am going to run
| FreeBSD, also, I want to still run the browser
| Firefox. But if you go to Firefox's website it also
| lists other OS, but not FreeBSD. But I see that a lot
| of my friends that run FreeBSD use firefox. Would I
| install the Linux package because it is also a Unix System?
`-------------------------------------------------------------------
Installit from ports.

cd /usr/ports/www/firefox
make install clean

Of course you need to be root to do this.  If there's nothing in
/usr/ports, then you'll have to "install" it.  You can usedo this
in /sbin/sysinstall.

tdh

--
       \./       |     Tim Holmes  --  em at il: tim at unixtechs.org
      (0Y0)      |         UIN: 17021091  -- AIM: tdh004