scanner for fbsd $50-$200

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:38:55 GMT 2005

On 8/13/05, dick hoogendijk <dick at nagual.st> wrote:
> I looked in the hypertext man pages, but the "supported" scanners
> (uscanner driver) all seem a bit old.
>
> Than I looked at SANE-cvs (the latest). There also most modern cheap
> scanners you see in store today don't seem to be supported.
> EpsonPerfection 2480/2580/3170 or CanoScan4200F or the cheaper
> HPScanJets.
>
> I want a cheap scanner. I don't want to scan in negatives, just some
> 10x15 photo's and magazines materials.
>
> Are there still some cheaper models available for FreeBSD that are also
> fully supported with something like SANE? Or do I need to use Windows
> for this task? (Hope not).
>
> Hope to get some info from you.

I have an old HP photo scanner 1000, and I can't use it with FreebSD -
when I scan a picture, the snapshot file is detected, but cannot be
copied from the scanner.

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"