Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL Modem

Bsderss snort_sam at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 03:07:02 GMT 2005

Hi,

I want to purchase a USB Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL
Modem and connection freebsd to it. There is a pkg in
the Ports
/usr/ports/net/pppoa written for the Alcatel
Speedtouch. I wonder how to use this pkg with the
Alcatel Speedtouch PC ADSL Modem. Correct me if I m
wrong, this modem does not have a system running
itside, it is just an external device have a USB port
connect to the FreeBSD system. As I browsed thru the
Speedtouch website, I don't know which modem does not
have a system and allow me to do this setup.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Sam