dual apple displays

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 13 23:08:20 GMT 2005

maciisgreat at mac.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 apple 20" displays and was cannot find info on what vidcard
> I should get that is best supported by FreeBSD 5.4 and X.
>
> If dual DVI support is not an option for freebsd ( which I hope the
> hell it is)
>
> what would a good vidcard be with single DVI support and high
> resolution for my apple cinema displays?
>
> thanks
>
> --mike

    Dual DVI is always possible in X.
    I dunno about the high resolution though as there are issues with
particular video cards in X and Windows drivers 'cheating sometimes' by
looking at the monitor's VSync and HSync values (Intel's onboard video
with Dell Optiplex 260's/270's has a bug with improperly adjusting the
resolution of the screen for instance).
    Any ATI/nVidia (preferrably nVidia as have better hardware support
in Unix and in general) cards you get though should work perfectly, and
I know that some of the nVidia Quadro cards support dual DVI out displays.
-Garrett