multiport serial reccomendations?

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Fri Aug 12 23:14:22 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm looking to build a nanny box to provide maintenance services to my
servers.  One of these services ought to be serial console access.  I've
currently got an old Cyclades box in service, but I'm curious to just
sport a multiport serial card and run conserver directly on the nanny
box.

So:

Can anyone recommend an 8-port or so serial card that works under
FreeBSD?  Or if you want to give feedback on a console server, I'm happy
to hear that as well.

I am especially curious if anyone has experienbce with Opengear, as
their hardware appears to be VERY competetively priced ... perhaps some
can confirm that MP4066R work with puc(4)?

Thanks,
-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/